Whoever you are, wherever you are on life’s journey, you are welcome in our Children’s Church…
Children’s Church Changes for Fall 2017
The Children’s and Family Ministries committee is actively advertising for the Director of Children’s and Family Ministries position, but has not yet filled the position. Until a new director is hired, our Sunday morning Children’s Church programs will be run a little differently than in the past, beginning with Rally Day on Sunday, September 10th.
First, nursery care will remain as it as has been, as an option for babies and toddlers up to age 3.
Second, for pre-k and elementary age kids, Children’s Church will have the following rhythm:
- 1st Sunday of the Month: inter-generational — kids stay in church with their families to have communion.
- 2nd and 3rd Sundays: lessons — kids stay in church through the offering and then go upstairs for Children’s Church.
- 4th Sunday: fellowship — kids stay in church through the offering and then go upstairs for fellowship (games, art, cooking, etc.).
- 5th Sunday: Cathedral in the Night food prep — kids stay in church through the offering and then go to the dining room for sandwich making
Third, rather than asking adults to commit to a teaching rotation of several weeks, we’re now asking them to commit to a week at a time. We hope this means that more people will sign up!
Fourth, we hope that middle school youth will continue to help out during Children’s Church. We’re also hoping that we can host a couple of middle school gatherings during the year for fellowship and to thank the youth for their service.
Once a new director is in place, this schedule can of course be re-evaluated. Teacher recruitment is on-going, and we need your help! Contact Andrew Geery (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up.
Your Children’s and Family Ministries Committee,
Andrew Geery, Karen Guiel, and Jen Miller-Antill
Here’s How You Can Help
- Help nurture an intergenerational culture of welcome during our worship on the first Sunday of the month.
- Sign up to help teach a class session on the second or third Sunday of the month.
- Sign up to lead fellowship time on the fourth Sunday:
- Games, music, crafts, service projects
- Help out with Cathedral in the Night food preparation on the fifth Sunday (Blue Moon Sunday) during worship.
- Join the Children’s and Family Ministries Committee.
- Tell Andrew Geery, Pastor Chris, or Jim Foudy about someone you know that might be a solid candidate for our next Director of Children’s and Family Ministries!
Registration Form for Children & Youth: Child Reg Form 2017-2018
Volunteer Opportunities: CCY Volunteer Descriptions 2018
Volunteer CORi Authorization: Safe Church CORI Form 2017-18
Safe Church Information for Parents & Volunteers: Safe Church FYI Form 2017-18
Volunteer Registration Form: Volunteer Reg 2017-18