Vision: Our vision is to restore the Earth and the whole Earth community. We will work to create a world free from war, a society with equity and justice for all, a community where every person’s and creature’s potential may be celebrated and fulfilled.
Mission: Our mission is to support people to become engaged in realizing the vision through issues education, public witness, public policy advocacy and nonviolent direct action.
- To build “a beloved community of resistance”* to injustice and violence.
- To assist people in moving from belief to action.
- To build people’s skills to do something, to take action, e.g., writing a letter, using non-violent communication, communicating cross culturally, etc.
- To link people to groups and people in the community who are taking action.
- To participate in and create actions which are interfaith in nature.
*from Robin Meyers’ Spiritual Defiance: Building a Beloved Community of Resistance
Read the Peace and Justice blog!